At Piñon Midstream, our ESG objectives align seamlessly with our corporate objectives due to the nature of our core business — removing and sequestering environmentally harmful gases. It’s what we do.
To develop natural gas treating solutions that remove and dispose of hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide which would otherwise be emitted into the atmosphere
The objective of Piñon’s core business, sour gas treating, is to remove and dispose of harmful byproducts in natural gas, particularly CO2 and H2S. The company will pursue treating solutions that minimize our impact to the environment.
- Track and report volumes of CO2 and H2S captured and sequestered by our facilities. Our goal is to become as effective as possible in this endeavor.
- Employ a greenhouse gas (GHG) monitoring program as part of our routine.
- Reduce flaring in the Delaware Basin by capturing and treating third-party volumes. Track and quantify the impact we have on flaring reduction in the basin.
- Minimize the environmental impact of our plant.
- Review our environmental track record and objectives with our board of directors on a quarterly basis.
- Align our field personnel’s key performance indicators with fuel reduction, operational efficiency, and downtime reduction.
To promote a culture focused on the health and safety of everyone involved in Piñon Midstream. Develop relationships which support the local community.
- Conduct strong due diligence on all new hires to ensure alignment with company values.
- Maintain class-leading safety procedures, including a safety “boot camp” for all new plant and field employees. Engage in open and active dialogue with community leaders and emergency response teams to develop relationships, solicit feedback and align objectives with the community.
- Pursue involvement in local nonprofit organizations through volunteerism.
Implement reporting and corporate governance guidelines that produce a transparent, well-defined structure that supports our ethical and business standards. Effectively communicate financial and operational risks to our board of directors and key stakeholders.
- Conduct a quarterly review of ESG plans and their implementation with the board of directors, including detailed Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) tracking.
- Maintain oversight of financial and reputational risks of the company including financial controls, approval processes, limits of authority, audit, tax, risk management and potential conflicts of interest.
- Monitor state and federal environmental and regulatory mandates to ensure 100% compliance and proactive planning.