Piñon’s core business of removing and permanently sequestering environmentally harmful CO2 and H2S allows for a seamless alignment of Piñon’s ESG and corporate objectives.
To develop natural gas treating solutions that eliminate routine flaring from oil and natural gas operations and provide for the removal and permanent sequestration of carbon dioxide (CO2) and hydrogen sulfide (H2S) in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Reduce routine flaring in the Delaware Basin by providing producers with a comprehensive and economic treating solution to capture and permanently sequester CO2 and H2S. Piñon will track, quantify and report the impact volumes of CO2 and H2S permanently sequestered and our impact on routine flaring in the Delaware Basin.
- Minimize the overall environmental impact of our Dark Horse Treating Facility and associated infrastructure through the implementation of an effective greenhouse gas (GHG) monitoring program.
- Undertake quarterly reviews of our environmental objectives and ongoing environmental performance with our board of directors.
- Align our field personnel’s performance metrics with environmentally sound practices that emphasize fuel reduction, operational efficiency, and downtime reduction.
Develop strong relationships with the local community and promote an organizational culture focused on the health and safety of every employee and contractor providing services to Piñon.
- Maintain industry-leading safety procedures, including a safety “boot camp” for all new plant and field employees.
- Proactively track key Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) metrics.
- Conduct in-depth evaluations of all new hires to ensure alignment with company values.
- Engage in open and active dialogue with community leaders and emergency response teams to develop productive relationships, solicit feedback and align objectives with the community.
- Pursue involvement in local nonprofit organizations through volunteerism.
Implement reporting and corporate governance policies that deliver a transparent and well-defined corporate structure which supports strong ethical and business standards.
- Review financial and operational risks, as well as, the implementation and direction of Piñon’s ESG initiatives, with our board of directors on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain robust oversight of financial controls (including audit, tax and risk management activities), decision and approval processes, limits of authority and potential conflicts of interest.
- Monitor state and federal environmental and regulatory mandates to ensure 100% compliance and proactive planning.